Thursday, July 8, 2010

Aquaphonics - A little local flavor


I recently attended my annual P.Groove show in Ft.Lauderdale at the Culture Room and caught this 'new' band, Aquaphonics. New to me anyway. The past couple years I had been used to The Heavy Pets opening for P.Groove, but this was a different night.
From a couple friends I knew going in that Aquaphonics was a local band, by way of Stuart, FL. I had no expectations and no other knowledge of them only that their name was catchy.
I did some reading up on them before hand and noticed that Billy Gilmore (of the Grass Is Dead, Crazy Fingers) took part in their early jam sessions. That's a plus in my mind, so they've got to be worth catching. Glad I did because they actually brought some heat. A good mix of genre, instrumental and vocals.

Give this board recording a listen, I think you'll enjoy it!
(Oh yeah, the poster work provided by www.luckybandanadesign.com)

Aquaphonics 3.20.10
Funky Buddha Lounge
Boca Raton, FL

Disc 1 / Set 1:
1. SOUNDS
2. GARDEN GROVE
3. SPOOKY BEATS
4. PERMACULTURE
5. HOW ITS MADE
6. ELECTRIC FEEL
7. HEADLINE
8. DRIP

Disc 2 / Set 2:
1. IN YOUR EYES
2. SHUFFLE
3. SQUARE ROUND
4. ONE
5. SOULRENDER
6. BLUES IN B
7. MELLOW MOOD
8. BUBBLE HOUSE
9. TWIST

Disc 3 / Set 2 (cont.):
1. CHLOROPHYL
2. WAITING FOR IT
3. FLY LIKE AN EAGLE
4. (e) IN DEW

http://www.sendspace.com/file/emvkdp
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.